This is a quick interview with Monica Coyne to learn some juicy tidbits about her in a short amount of time. Monica is an artist blacksmith who lives and works in California, working closely with a wide-range of clients. She produces exclusive, timeless pieces for the home, garden and business.
If you like what you hear and want to hear more from Monica Coyne, you can listen to our in depth interview, that will soon be available on the BlacksmitHER.com podcast page.
What Juicy tidbits are they?
- Monica gives a few pointers for beginner blacksmiths.
- She shares what sparked her interest in blacksmithing around 2004.
- Her most unusual blacksmith job involved the National Geological Society of America’s Aviator Globe from 1929. She made “C” rings for 12 replicas of the Aviators Globe and one ended up in the White House!
- What is the first thing she does when she gets into the shop? She checks for power because her shop is completely off the grid!
- Her favorite smell is when hot steel gets to a point where it smells like an orange lollipop!
Monica Coyne’s Links:
Thank you to today’s sponsor: Pratt Fine Arts Center, http://www.pratt.org/
If you enjoyed this episode, I would love it if you would support the show by:
- telling your friends.
- sharing this episode using the social sharing buttons below.
- subscribing to the show and leaving a rating and review in iTunes. Not sure how? Watch this short video tutorial http://youtu.be/rq4OCyRGjHc?list=UUH3MfNZLXlKgionAs6kMT_Q
- subscribing to the show in Stitcher, http://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=54499&refid=stpr
Thanks so much for your support!