Welcome to BlacksmitHER!
Would you like to know what your fellow blacksmith peers are saying about their blacksmithing careers or get inspired by a project they are working on? You can do that by listening to their interviews on BlacksmitHER Radio.
Like you, I have been interested in learning new techniques from other blacksmiths. I’ve learned valuable skills from some of the best blacksmiths through workshops and classes, but mostly from having conversations and connecting with them. So I thought by sharing those connections and conversations through podcasts you too will be able to learn something new about blacksmithing.
At BlacksmitHER, I’m committed to making our worldly blacksmithing community more tight-knit by providing the first blacksmithing podcast. Interviewing blacksmiths around the world will help improve your metal working skills, while providing an opportunity to connect with others who share your love of blacksmithing!
I’m Victoria Patti or Vic and I’ve been in the metal field for over 20 years. I am fascinated with steel and the women and men who work with it. There is a revival happening with blacksmithing and I want to keep the momentum moving forward for each and everyone one of us…a website and podcast specifically for female and male blacksmiths that offers the most up-to-date information about being a skilled blacksmith and sharing common problems and solutions with each other.
My mission here is to:
- Educate…. by highlighting strategies and tools that blacksmiths use
- Support….by providing relatable topics that will help others in the same field
- Create a community and camaraderie among the podcast guests, listeners and website visitors
- Entertain……with my podcast, BlacksmitHER Radio, candid, unscripted and sometimes funny interviews with blacksmiths around the world
- Sign up to receive BlacksmitHER email updates on new podcast interviews
- engage on the website in the blog comments sections
- and listen to the interview podcasts to get to know your fellow Blacksmithers!
Keep forging on smithy’s….cause we’re kind of a big deal!