Guest Intro paragraph
This week I’ve got Michael Whipps from Melbourne Australia, btw he goes by Whipps. He’s a metal worker who makes custom spherical firepits with his wife in Australia and he started blacksmithing about 6 months ago. The reason I have him on today is to talk about his new podcast “Metal Sculpture Show”. I think I’ve mentioned this before to you guys, I started a podcast network called The Burn Network, basically, it’s a collection of metalworking podcasts. The reason I started it was to encourage other blacksmith’s or metal workers to start their own podcasts and I would help them get started, show them the ropes of the podcast tech world, provide the hosting and continued support. To have a searchable network that offers relevant and different podcasts to our community of metal workers. So, Whipps contacted me 7 months ago about wanting to start a podcast on the network and have it be about metal art sculpture. We worked through the details of how this is a huge time consumer while being a labor of love for fellow artists, the equipment to work with, recording software, techniques of being a host of a show, etc and now, here we are talking about his podcast and his first 4 episodes that were just released a few days ago!
If anyone is interested in listening to the “master feed” of the Burn Network, just search for The Burn Network in your podcast apps, iTunes, Spotify and online at www.theburnnetwork.com. If anyone is interested in starting a podcast and wants to know more info on what it takes, drop me a line at email@example.com.
What We Talked About
- Whips tells us why he wanted to start the podcast.
- The topic of making a living as an artist comes up and life/work balance vs money making
- Whipps describes his background that lead him to his metal working business called Whipps Designs, it involves mountain biking!
- He tells the story of buying his first anvil from a farmer who didn’t want to sell it.
- Whipps Designs website – whippsdesigns.com.au
- Podcast website – metalsculptureshow.com
- Instagram – @metalsculptureshow
- And on Facebook
If you enjoyed this episode, I would love it if you would support the show by:
- telling your friends.
- sharing this episode using the social sharing buttons below.
- subscribing to the show and leaving a rating and review in iTunes. Not sure how? Just follow these simple steps here or watch the short video tutorial, http://youtu.be/rq4OCyRGjHc?list=UUH3MfNZLXlKgionAs6kMT_Q
- subscribing to the show in Stitcher, http://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=54499&refid=stpr
Thanks so much for your support!