This week I’ve got Michael Budd back on the show, he’s a very talented artist blacksmith from Sligo Ireland. We talk about his trip to Tomsk Russia this past summer, where he was invited to demonstrate at a festival called “The Festival of the Ax”.
What We Talked About
- He attended a festival, the Festival of the Ax, as a demonstrator in Tomsk Russia, so he tells us about the festival and how he got invited. There were artists from over 100 different countries and 15 blacksmiths
- We really go deep into introducing the craft of blacksmithing to college students and how the use of past publications could be more available in college libraries.
- We touch on the “crowdfunding” idea for blacksmith conferences
- We talk about how hard it is to be an artist and to make a living at the same time.
- Website – http://www.michaelbudd.ie/
- Michael’s Blog – https://blacksmithsday.wordpress.com/
- Instagram @michaeljbudd