Amy Pieh is a successful business owner of two blacksmithing and farrier supply stores, she also has an extensive online store on her Pieh Tool Co website. She has been in the blacksmithing world since she was a little girl, her father was a farrier and founded Centaur Forge (a blacksmith and farrier supply company in 1964).
Amy’s personal Facebook page
Pieh Tool company Facebook page
Pieh Tool Company website Pieh Tool CO Website
What We Talked About:
· Amy talks about her years in the Air Force inspecting aircraft for stress cracks
· How she became the Vice President of Centaur Forge, her father’s company that started in 1960
· She remembers going to ABANA conferences as a little girl with her father
· The beginning of Pieh Tool Company- online only at first, shipping anvils from her garage!
· SCORE – Service Corp of Retired Executives, https://www.score.org/ a free business resource that has local chapters across the US and her SCORE success story, https://www.score.org/success-stories/pieh-tool-company-turns-score-assistance
· We talk about an Italian anti-shock rounding hammer
· ABANA 2016 Salt Lake City Conference – She is the ABANA Chair for it and she has a lot of ideas already in motion for the conference such as transportation with the Salt Lake City Tracks system so there is no need to rent a car! Also shippers available on site for your purchases.
If you enjoyed this episode, I would love it if you would support the show by:
- telling your friends.
- sharing this episode using the social sharing buttons below.
- subscribing to the show and leaving a rating and review in iTunes. Not sure how? Just follow these simple steps here or watch the short video tutorial
- subscribing to the show in Stitcher.
Thanks so much for your support!