Lisa Geertsen is an artist blacksmith in Seattle, WA. She owns and operates Firelight Forge, located in the Equinox Studios building in Seattle’s Georgetown neighborhood. Firelight Forge operates solely on custom commissions ranging from architectural work to sculpture. In 2013 she accepted the position of Metal and Stone Studio Manager at Pratt Fine Arts Center in addition to the classes she teaches there regularly.
Lisa’s Pratt Fine Arts email – email@example.com
Instagram – firelightforge
Pratt Fine Arts Center Blacksmithing classes, Seattle, Washington – http://www.pratt.org/classes/class-subject/subject-blacksmithing/
In this episode we talked about:
- She studied Fine Art and Sculpture at West Virginia University
- Her introduction to blacksmithing through working at an ornamental metal working business that had a women as the head blacksmith, Laura Goemat
- How active she is with her regional blacksmith association and how many women blacksmiths are members with the Northwest Blacksmith Association
- Pratt Fine Arts Center and teaching blacksmithing classes for the past 7 years and now the Metal and Stone Sculpture Manager
- On Lisa’s website I saw a tricycle that I loved, she tells us about the story behind the tricycle
- How big her shop is and what kind of tools are in it
- How she prices her work
- Her 15 Artists in 15 Minutes in notes on FaceBook
If you enjoyed this episode, I would love it if you would support the show by:
- telling your friends.
- sharing this episode using the social sharing buttons below.
- subscribing to the show and leaving a rating and review in iTunes. Not sure how? Just follow these simple steps here or watch the short video tutorial.
- subscribing to the show in Stitcher.
- subscribing to the show in RSS.
Where can you listen to the BlacksmitHER Radio podcast?
- Here on the website podcast page
- iTunes click here, be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss any episodes!
- Stitcher – for android phones – click here