A Quick 20 Questions with Maria Cristalli
This is a quick interview with Maria Cristalli to learn some juicy tidbits about her in a short amount of time. Maria Cristalli is an artist blacksmith working outside of the Seattle, Washington area. She has been blacksmithing for over 20 years, spending her developing years as an apprentice smith working with master smiths and taking classes. She designs and forges architectural ironwork, home furnishings, ironwork for the garden, as well as sculpture.
If you like what you hear and want to hear more from Maria Cristalli, you can listen to our in depth interview, that will soon be available on the BlacksmitHER.com podcast page.
What juicy tidbits are they?
- When is the most creative time of day for her? She’s night owl!
- Her most unusual job? A Gaudi designed gate
- Where has she hit herself with her hammer? The forehead!
- What blacksmith (dead or alive) would she like to spend a day with? Carl Jennings, here is a website about the house he built in the 60’s, http://modernistarchitecture.blogspot.com/2013/11/struck-by-modernism-c-carl-jennings.html
- The strangest thing in her purse? Sea Salt made by her sister-in-law, Alaska Pure Sea Salt Company, http://www.alaskapureseasalt.com/
Maria Cristalli’s Links:
Website – www.MariaCristalli.com
Maria’s video – http://mariacristalli.com/press/
Panorama of shop – http://www.bohonus.com/panos/getvr.php?vr=vrs2294
If you enjoyed this episode, I would love it if you would support the show by:
·telling your friends.
·sharing this episode using the social sharing buttons below.
·subscribing to the show and leaving a rating and review in iTunes. Not sure how? Watch this short video tutorial
·subscribing to the show in Stitcher.
Thanks so much for your support!